Why Phone Asking Pin From Router Label Instead of Password?
The WiFi routers can be connected with your phone with the help of the SSID username and password. This password can be set or change from the interface, which you can access by the assigned IP address like 192.168.0.50. It can be found on the label and user manual of the WiFi router.
But, there can be a problem that can trouble you while connecting your phone to the router. Sometimes phone WiFi feature asks security key or pin from router label. In this situation, what you will you do to connect your phone to the networking device?
Here, we come to help you to establish a connection between your phone and router. We will discuss why your Phone’s WiFi setting asks for router label pin, and how you can find it and connect with your router. Let’s start this interesting blog without wasting any more second.
Why Phone Asking For Pin From Router Label?
There can be many reasons why your phone it forgot the password and why it is asking for pin or security key. Let’s list those possible reasons down in this section one by one.
1. Typing Wrong Password
Typing the incorrect wrong password of the router again and again in the phone WiFi settings can cause you to enter the router’s security pin.
2. Entering incorrect SSID
SSID username is used when your internet device forgot the name of the WiFi router and then you have to type the SSID details into the phone. If you enter the wrong SSID details again and again, then you will not able to see the SSID and password field instead you will see Security key or pin field.
3. Didn’t Add A New Router Admin Password
After first log in to the interface of the router, your admin password must be changed for security reasons. You can add or change your interface admin password by going in to the interface via assigned IP address or URL. We are taking as an example Dlink router, which provides dlinkrouter.local login URL.
4. Reset Router And Not Adjust Settings
This same problem occurs, when you have factory reset your WiFi router and didn’t manage the settings and networks again.
So, above are the possible reasons why your phone asking for pin from the router label. Now, let us provide you a solution to this security key or pin issue.
How to Locate Pin And Link with WiFi Router?
To enter the pin from router label into your phone’s WiFi settings, you have to just follow some of the below written steps.
- Turn on the router and phone’s WiFi feature.
- Select your WiFi router name and reach to the security key or WPS pin blank field.
- Now, you have to locate the router WPS pin.
- This WPS pin will be on the label, which you can find at the back of the router.
- This is an 8 number pin that is also given into the router’s user manual.
- Simply, type the exact eight digits on the security key or WPS pin field blank in your phone.
- After entering the pin from router label, just tap CONNECT button and you will be connect with your WiFi router.
So, this is how you can find and connect your phone with WiFi router. But, you should take a look at some of the troubleshooting tips so that if you face it once more, you can dispel it.
- You have to add or change the admin password from the interface of the router via your computer.
- If you have forgot the router’s SSID and password then don’t type it again and again into phone’s WiFi settings.
- Make sure after resetting, you have adjust the settings and networks of router from it web interface.
We have to end this informative blog with a simple to understand conclusion. So, in this blog, you have seen reasons why your phone is demanding pin from router label. We have also given the solution section for this minor issue named ‘how to locate pin and link with WiFi router’. Hope, you have successfully located the WPS pin and connect your phone to your home router.