Want to Connect D’link Router to Modem? Let’s Do It!
Connecting the router to the modem is a part of the D’link WiFi router setup. Here, you will find out how you can connect D’link router to modem and after that you should log in to the router to complete the setup. You can use the login URL address that is dlinkrouter.local. To install a router in your home, you should follow some of the paragraphs written below. We will also share some troubleshooting tips, so that you can complete the installation process without facing any error.
How to Connect D’link Router to Modem?
Establishing a connection between the router and the modem is a simple step of installation process of the D’link router. Let’s take a look how you can connect D’link router to modem.
Place Router Close to Modem
You have to pick a spot which should be close to the cable modem so that you can connect the router easily. Don’t ever place it near the electronic device and concrete walls.
Now, connect D’link router to modem using the network cable. The cable should be in good condition. Find the WAN port of the router and LAN port of the modem. Then connect the Ethernet into them.
Power On Router
After establishing the connection between the networking devices, turn them on by plug in the power cord to an electrical socket. You should check the Power cord; if it is damaged then replace it.
How to Access D’link WiFi Router?
After powering the router, you can connect to the network. Now, you should access the interface of the router.
Run Your Computer
You should to use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the network of the router. Then, open any web browser which should be updated. Locate the address bar and search dlinkrouter.local or you can also use the 192.168.0.50 login IP address. Internet browser will take you to the login page of the interface.
Type in Login Details
On the login page, you will see username and password fields. To fill, you can use the user manual. Then press the Enter key and you will reach inside the interface of the D’link WiFi router.
Explore Dlink WiFi Router
Now, you can configure the settings and networks of the router. You also can assign a new password from the interface. Let’s take a look on simple steps to add a new password to the admin.
- On the dashboard, you have to locate and click on Settings on the top of it.
- Then select the Administration option. Here, you will find the admin, just click it.
- In the admin, you will see the username and password. Just select the password field and assign a new password.
- Then just click on the Change Password option, which is given bottom of the page.
You have successfully assigned a new password. Now, whenever you login you should use this password. Form this interface you also can update the Dlink router firmware as well. If you want to know how you can update the router in the future, just follow the easy steps to update.
- You have to find an option named Firmware in the Administration.
- Click on it. In it you will see the version name and details of the existing firmware.
- Check the latest version availability by selecting the Search option given on the bottom of the screen.
- If the update is available, then download it and the router will automatically install it in its system or memory.
You should follow some troubleshooting tips if you want enjoy your WiFi router services.
- Always check you have placed your router far away from the electronic devices like cordless phones or microwave ovens.
- Do a double-check on hardware wiring which you have done to establish a connection between the router and modem.
- You must use the newest version of the web browser to log in to the interface of the router. Clear the garbage files from the browser as well before logging in. Also, disable the antivirus of the computer and ad-blocker of the Internet browser while accessing the interface.
- Carefully, type the correct login URL or IP address in to the search bar of the browser. The correct URL is dlinkrouter.local and 192.168.0.50 is the IP address.
Using these tips, you can easily reach the interface of the router and can manage the settings without any error.
The End Words
As you can see in above mentioned paragraphs, the installation process is very straight forward thing. With the help of this blog, you have learned how to connect D’link router to modem to setup the WiFi router, and how to log in to the router without any error occurrence. We hope you have successfully completed the configuration of the D’link router and enjoying the fastest internet service in your home.