How to Update Firmware of Dlink DIR 615 WiFi Router?
The Dlink wireless router (DIR-615) provides you a reliable and affordable WiFi connection. It shares high speed internet access with computers, media players and game consoles around an apartment. To make your Dlink DIR 615 router updated, you have to upgrade the firmware from log in to the interface of the router using dlinkrouter.local. Down here, you can learn how to update a new version of the firmware by using some steps.
Steps to Update Dlink DIR 615 WiFi Router
These easy steps help you to reach inside the interface of the router, where you can simply download a new version of the firmware and install it. First step is to turn on the Dlink WiFi router and then follow these steps below.
Run Your Computer
You have to connect your desktop to router via an Ethernet cable, which should be in good condition. If you are using a laptop then connect it via WiFi network or network cable as well. Just enter the router’s SSID name and password and you can use the internet service to access the interface.
Open Any Internet Browser
After connecting to the Dlink DIR 615 router, you have to open an internet browser of your choice. Now, locate the address bar at the top of the browser and type in dlinkrouter.local or you can also use the login IP address 192.168.0.50. Then hit the Enter key. You will reach at the login page of the interface.
You have to log in to the router by an updated version of the browser. You must Disable the ad-blocker and clear all the garbage files like cookies and cache before login. You also have to disable the antivirus of the computer while accessing the router.
Log in to the Router
On this login page, you will see the field blanks of username and password. If you didn’t change the user details, then you can use the user manual to fill the blanks. It is advisable that you must change the username and password after the first login. Now, hit the Enter key to go to the main dashboard of the interface.
Inside the interface, locate the System option, which you will find at the top of the screen. In the System Management page you will see he four options System Information, Admin Settings, Settings Profile and Firmware Upgrade. Just click on Firmware upgrade, here you can see the present firmware version, just search the update. If the latest update is available, then download it immediately.
After some time, new firmware version will be downloaded and you can click on the Start Update option given on the bottom of the screen. The router will restart itself to install the new upgrade. After the updating the Dlink DIR 615 WiFi router you can enjoy the fastest internet service in your computer, phone, laptop or any other internet device.
Let’s have a look on some more tips to install the new updates to the router without facing any error.
Down here are some tips, so that you can easily upgrade your Dlink WiFi router.
- You should use the correct username and password to log in to the interface of the router.
- Access the interface of the router within the range of the Dlink DIR 615 WiFi router network.
- If you are facing any problem to connect your laptop to the router wirelessly, then you should forget all the WiFi networks, then locate and connect it again.
- You should type the correct WiFi details like SSID name and password of the network to connect.
- Don’t turn of your computer, laptop or the Dlink router while downloading the firmware version update.
- If you are facing internet related issues again and again, then you should check the hardware connections of the router.
- Make sure you have established a strong connection between the router and modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Correct ports, where you have to connect the cable are WAN port of the router and LAN port of the modem.
- Try to double check that you are using a network cable that is not damaged or cut from anywhere. If you find it damaged, then bring a new one and replace the cable.
The End Words
Dlink DIR 615 WiFi router is not an average networking device, it is Dlink green router, which means it’s good for the environment. It is designed to conserve energy, protect the environment form harmful substances and reduces waste by using recyclable packaging. Here in above mentioned paragraphs, you have learned how to upgrade the Dlink router using the URL or the IP address. Also, we have provided some of the troubleshooting tips which will help you to update the firmware without any error. We hope you updated your router successfully and enjoying fastest internet and reliable network connection in your apartment.