How to Perform D-Link Router Firmware Update?
In this technological era, some computing devices run software to operate the device’s functions. For instance in computers, we call it the operating system, and for D-Link routers, it is called firmware. All Networking devices contain vulnerabilities and require regular updating, when new version become available. D-Link router firmware update holds great significance, as it ensures security and improves the overall internet experience while using the device.
Today, in this blog we are going to tell you about the straightforward steps of D-Link router firmware update via dlink router login. So, we advise users to read out this post properly without skipping the important points.
Before we tell you about the firmware update steps we would like to tell you about the important requirements that you need to get prepared for the procedure.
Requirements | D-Link Router Firmware Update
Here we listed all the important things that you are required during the D-Link router update:
- A good and stable internet connection from the modem as well as ISP.
- strong connection between the router as well as a modem.
- device like a computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Updated internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, and Bing).
- Administration details (username & Password).
- Default web address and IP address.
These were the important necessities that you have to get prepared. Once you have all the things at hand, you will be ready to proceed further.
D-Link Router Firmware Update | Instructions
Step 1: Download the Upgraded Firmware Version
To get the latest available firmware for your D-Link router, you need to download it from a trusted source. The manufacturer’s support site is the best place for this.
- To download the firmware use the computer that is connected with the D-Link router via Ethernet.
- Now, launch the updated internet BROWSER.
- Type the router’s official website URL.
- Look for the device model, you are using.
- Download the updated firmware and save it at the desired location.
Now you have a D-Link router updated firmware version. From here you can proceed further.
Step 2: Open New Tab In Browser
- Now, you need to access the dashboard of the D-Link router via the IP address.
- Type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the web browser.
Note: Avoid making typos in the IP address while typing. If you make any mistake in the IP, you may redirect to the unknown page or face issues.
- Press the Enter key to access the login page of the Dlink router.
Step 3: Log In to D-Link Router
- Here, you will see the on-screen fields which ask for the admin details.
- If you have never change the password of your device before, you can use “admin” as username and “password” as password.
- After entering all the details, press the “Log In” button or “Submit”.
Step 4: Execute D-Link Router Update
Once you are logged into the router, you will see the dashboard of the device in which you need to follow the sub-steps mentioned below:
- Go to MAINTENANCE > Firmware Upgrade
- On the Firmware upgrade page. Click Browse… to select the firmware file you saved and unzipped on your computer.
- After selecting the firmware file, click Upload to start the upgrade process.
- The upgrade process will begin and will take about 5 minutes to complete.
Note: Do not start or use other applications while upgrading your device’s firmware, and do not hit Stop, Back, or Reload in your web browser during the upgrade process.
Step 5: Check Firmware Update
- Once the router firmware is complete, verify the firmware and refresh the page to view your device.
- To do the same click on the Firmware Upgrade link on the left to return to the Firmware Upgrade page.
Congratulations! Your D-Link router firmware update has been successfully done. Now you will get blazing-fast internet speed along with non-stop performance.