Features And Installation of Dlink Wireless WiFi Router
Dlink WiFi routers are one of the amazing network devices that provide fast and reliable internet service in your home. This WiFi router is so easy to install and simple to connect. You just have to link it with your internet service provider or modem, configure the settings and networks, and use speedy internet.
Here in this informative blog, you will see the extra ordinary features of the D-Link wireless WiFi router. After explaining the router’s feature, you will go through an installation process of the same network device. So, let’s start this interesting blog with the amazing features of the Dlink WiFi router.
Features And Specifications: Dlink Wireless WiFi Router
In this informative section, you will find out what features a Dlink WiFi device provides to the users along with its specifications.
- The Dlink WiFi device provides internet service wirelessly. You have to just configure the router and directly link your phone or other devices to it and run internet easily.
- 2. One more feature of WiFi router is that it is pretty easy to setup because of the web interface utility.
- It is small and provides dual-band internet service in your home.
- Ethernet and LAN ports on the back of the router are given, which you can use to connect your computer or laptop with cables.
- It gives us option of different WiFi frequencies (2.4GHz and 5GHz) that you can use to make signals extend in your home.
- You will find several LED lights that indicates status of the Dlink WiFi router.
Now, let’s take a look at easy-to-setup process through simple steps written down below.
Installation Procedure: Dlink Wireless WiFi Router
This installation process named section will give you information about hardware connections and configuring the settings and networks. So, to explain it in simple words, we have divided it in two subsections; one is hardware installation and second is adjusting settings of the router.
Hardware Setup Steps
The router should be connected to the modem and ISP socket. So just follow some of the simple steps to link your modem to the Dlink wireless WiFi router.
- Put your new Dlink WiFi router close to the modem and use an Ethernet cable to connect them together.
- Find LAN ports of the modem and WAN port of the router, and then connect the cable to the mentioned ports.
- The cable should be in good condition. Then after the connection, insert the power cord of the router into wall socket. Start it by pressing the router’s power button (given on the front)
Now, you have turn up the network of the Dlink WiFi router. It is time you should adjust the settings and network through the dlinkrouter.local interface.
Adjust Settings And Networks
In this subsection, you will get information how to manage the settings and networks of the wireless WiFi router.
- For the reach to the router’s interface, you should use a wired connection that is computer or laptop.
- Just use the LAN cable to connect the computer and Dlink device together. Make sure the router is getting internet signals from the modem before starting the process.
- Now, start the desktop and open any web browser. Search the dlinkrouter.local by typing the URL in the address bar.
- Login URL will take you to the login page of the interface. Here, you have to use the router’s user manual and find the username and password (login credentials).
- You must enter the user details and click on the NEXT button. You will reach to the interface.
- In to the interface, you can adjust the settings and networks as well as update the router’s firmware.
One more point to notice that you must change the password after the first login, you should add a strong password.
Now, you have completed the Dlink wireless WiFi router installation in your home. Hope, you are enjoying the fastest internet from the router.
Here, we have reached at the end of this blog in which you have gather knowledge about the Dlink wireless WiFi router setup and features. We are assuming that you have read all the blog and go through the features of the Dlink device and completed the installation of the router successfully.