Dlinkap.local – D-Link WiFi Extender Management
Apart from WiFi routers, D-Link is known to manufacture range extenders that amplify the signals emitted by routers. Users can set up and manage their D-Link WiFi range extenders via the default web address – dlinkap.local. In case you’ve also got your hands on a range extender brought in by D Link and looking for instructions to manage it via the default web address, consider checking out the instructions mentioned on this page. Apart from this, we will also share some that will help you fix issues faced while executing the process.
How to Access Dlinkap.local Login URL?
Here are the instructions that you must follow to access the login URL of a Dlink WiFi range extender. Before you give a shot at them, ensure that your range extender and the main router are sharing a wired connection.
- Switch on your router and then the Dlink device.
- The next step is to create a LAN connection between the extender and computer.
- Turn on your computer now.
- In case you have not created a LAN connection, you can use the WiFi connection to connect your range extender and computer.
- After that, load Microsoft Edge or a similar internet browser.
- Make your way to the URL bar.
- Type dlinkap.local.
- Avoid typing dlinkap local or d link ap local.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will see the administration page of your Dlink range extender.
The appearance of the extender’s login portal is a sign that you’ve achieved success with the process of accessing the default URL. Now, you are supposed to enter the valid login credentials of the extender and log in to it. You can set up or manage your range extender now. However, you must remember the fact that the admin details are case-sensitive and you need to enter them very carefully.
Dlinkap.local Not Working?
You cannot log in to extender your without accessing the login URL. In case the dlinkap.local is not working for you, then it is advised that you follow the hacks listed below.
Avoid Typing Errors
Perhaps, you were in a hurry while accessing the login URL of your range extender due to which you’ve ended up facing problems. Know that entering the URL in an incorrect way will only create issues. Thus, avoid typing dlinkap local or dlinkap-local instead of the correct login address of the extender. Additionally, ensure that you’ve entered the URL into the address bar of the web browser.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus
It has been noticed users who have antivirus programs activated on their computers face problems while accessing networking websites. Since dlinkap.local is an address that is used to manage a networking device, there are chances that antivirus software installed on your PC is causing issues. Therefore, you are suggested to temporarily disable the antivirus program and see if you can access the extender’s login URL.
Restart the Extender
Sometimes, technical glitches can also be the reason why you are getting the dlinkap.local not working issue. So, you are advised to get rid of them. For this, it is recommended that you restart your WiFi range extender. You need to unplug your range extender and keep it in rest mode for at least 15 minutes. In case restarting the Dlink extender doesn’t work in your favor, restart the router.
How to Change Dlinkap.local Admin Password?
After you get success with the process of accessing the extender’s login URL, you should look forward to changing its settings. Changing the admin password is one of them. Given here are the steps that can help you assign a new password to the range extender:
- Into the browser’s URL bar, enter the dlinkap.local login URL and press Enter.
- You need to enter the default password value in the next window.
- Click Log In.
- The dashboard of your range extender will show up now.
- Locate the Management option at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click Admin.
- Enter a new password into the Admin Password field.
- You also have the option of enabling the CAPTCHA graphical authentication.
- Click the Save button.
The admin password of your Dlink range extender will be changed. Use this password for future login attempts.
Just in case you are unable to access dlinkap.local even after numerous attempts, proceed to accessing the extender’s admin portal using the default IP address – 192.168.0.50.