Dlink WRB 1310 WiFi Router Setup Instructions
The Dlink WRB 1310 router is a fast wireless networking device that provides us reliable network connection. Dlink WRB WiFi router has some extra features that include wireless networking, compatible with different IEEE standard devices, user-friendly setup wizard, and advanced firewall features like content filtering and secure multiple sessions. Installation of this amazing featured router is very simple process. Here, you will go through this setup process. Its setup includes hardware connection and accessing the wizard interface to manage the settings and networks using dlinkrouter.local.
How to Setup Dlink WRB 1310 Router in Your Home?
Down here are some points that you should follow to install the WiFi router in your home:
- Placement of the Dlink router is very important. You should place your router in an enclosed area like closet or cabinet.
- Just pick allocation which is open and central. The router should be close to the cable modem.
- Now, you have to make a link between the router and modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Insert the cable to the WAN or internet port of the router and LAN port of the modem device.
- Turn on the modem and the router. Wait for about 30 seconds so that modem and the router can boot.
- You should verify the link lights that are displayed on the Dlink WiFi router. The power light means that router is on and the WAN light indicates the modem connection. LAN light meaning internet device is connected.
Now, let’s take a look how you can log in to the Dlink WRB 1310 WiFi router.
Log in to Dlink WRB 1310 Router
This section of the blog will show you how you access the interface of the Dlink WiFi router. Let’s help you set up your router using the web-based configuration utility.
1. Connect and Run Desktop
To access the configuration utility, you have to connect your computer or laptop to the Dlink router via Ethernet cable and start the computer. Now, open any web browser in your internet device and enter login URL dlinkrouter.local or you can enter the IP address 192.168.0.50 in to the address bar of the browser.
2. Reach Login Page and Type Details
You will reach at the login page of the interface of the WiFi router. Here, you must type in the user details. You can use the user manual or just enter admin into the username field blank and leave the password blank. Now, hit the Enter key.
3. Enter into Setup Wizard
After hitting the Enter key, you will reach in to the interface of the router. Now, you have to run the setup wizard to complete the setup. Click on the setup wizard to launch the Wizard. Inside the setup wizard tab, you have to click on the Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard to begin.
Manage Settings of Dlink WRB 1310 Router
Take a look on some steps that help you to configure the settings of the router.
- Into this tab, just click Next to continue.
- User admin page will open up; here you have to create a new password. Then click Next option given on the bottom.
- From the drop down menu, you can select your time zone and click Next again.
- Select the type of internet connection you use in your house and then click next to save the network settings.
- There are two modes in the Interface of the router; Dynamic and Static.
- If you selected dynamic, then you need to type in the MAC address of the computer that was last connected directly to the modem. Then click Next.
- If you choose static, then you have to enter your networking settings supplied by your internet provider and click Next to continue.
You will see a Connect button, by clicking it, the settings will be saved. Now, the router will starting reboot. Once it finished the reboot, you must allow the 1 to 2 minutes to connect.
Once the router is successfully connected, it means you have completed the Dlink WRB 1310 WiFi router installation. From this Dlink Wizard, you can access the bridge mode, repeater mode, upgrade the firmware as well.
The Dlink WRB 1310 WiFi router model have extra-ordinary features such as compatibility with the 802.11b and 802.11g devices means you can connect the PCI, USB and Cardbus chips into it, provides up to 54Mbps internet speed. Content filtering, security type of advanced firewall features makes it a full featured proof networking device. As you saw above, you can easily set this Dlink router up. We provides all the instructions from connecting hardware to managing the settings of the WiFi router. We hope you have successful unboxed your WRB 1310, set up the router on an optimize location, logged in to the interface and managed the settings and networks.