D-link DIR-X5460S WiFi Router: Installation Procedure
The DIR-X5460S D-Link model is a new gaming and home WiFi router. It has so many features to give you fastest internet services in your home. It is simple to connect with other networking devices like modem and extenders.
Here we will give you full D-Link DIR-X5460S review in some sections. We will start with the package accessories and specification. Then end the blog with installation procedure of Dlink WiFi router via dlinkrouter.local.
There are some troubleshooting tips that you should apply before starting the router setup.
- You should choose an optimal spot near to your modem and far away from electronic devices.
- You must check all the product accessories like Ethernet cable and power cord, and make sure that it is in good condition.
- While configuring your WiFi router, you should use your computer or laptop or any other wired connection.
Now, let’s start with the product accessories of the Dlink DIR-X5460S WiFi router.
Product Accessories: Dlink DIR-X5460S
The Dlink WiFi router provides you simple to use and amazing accessories in the new router box. Let’s list them up and learn how to use them.
- You will get DIR-X5460S main router unit in the box.
- Six WiFi antennas and installation card also added into it.
- You will find Ethernet cable and power cord with the router.
- User manual will also be found in the box for quick installation.
So above are the product accessories you will find within the DIR-X5460S router box. Now, let’s review the router shape and specifications in the next section.
Specifications: Dlink DIR-X5460S Router
There are several LEDs in the front of the gaming Dlink router, let’s see there working one by one.
Power LED light shows solid white and orange color and sometimes it blinks orange color. The solid white light means router is on and system is healthy. The solid orange color will indicates that device is booting or resetting it itself. Blinking orange means that router is under recovery mode.
The internet LED light shows solid white then your router’s internet port link is established. If it rings a solid orange color means your router cannot connect to the internet. Internet LED also blinks orange color which means the router firmware upgrade in process.
3. Wireless 2.4 GHz-
This LED light shows status of router wireless frequency enabled or not and the WPS status.
4. Wireless 5GHz-
Wireless 5 GHz LED light shows frequency type 5 GHz enable or disable status and its WPS information status.
At the back of the router you will see some more connectors, let’s list them up one by one.
- Two USB ports that help you to link storage devices to share files.
- LAN ports help you to connect internet and network devices like extender and computers.
- WAN port will be connected to the modem or ISP server through Ethernet cable.
- WPS button help you to link an extender or booster via LAN cable.
- Reset button will factory reset the DIR-X5460S router system.
- Power button supplies the power to the router.
- Power connector will help you to connect the router power cord.
Now, have a look at the DIR-X5460S router installation procedure written down here.
Installation process: Dlink DIR-X5460S
It is pretty simple to connect your router to the modem via Ethernet cable. But after that, you must access the interface and adjust the settings and networks.
How to Connect WiFi Router to Modem?
- Place the router near to the cable modem.
- Find router’s WAN port and modem’s LAN port.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the founded ports.
- Turn on the router by connecting its power cord to wall socket and hitting power button.
How to Adjust Router Settings And Network?
- Link a computer or a laptop via LAN cable to the router.
- Search dlinkrouter.local in the computer’s web browser.
- Reach to interface login page and enter the login credentials.
- You will find the login details in the user manual of the DIR-X5460S.
- Get to interface dashboard and adjust the settings and networks.
You can also upgrade router system by completing the D-Link router firmware update using this dlinkrouter.local interface dashboard.
Last And End Words
Here in this blog, you have learned everything about the D-Link DIR-X5460S WiFi router setup. We have started this installation blog with some of the troubleshooting tips, package accessories and specifications. After that, end it with the installation procedure of DIR-X5460S router.